Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Alisha's 1st Birthday Party



Well, we may need to just turn this blog into a baby blog at this point! however, We have been still eating great food- just haven't taken any pictures in a while. Hopefully, we can get back into it soon. We have been enjoying introducing Alisha to some of our creations -- a few weeks ago Petey made homemade pasta with a basil sauce...Alisha LOVED it. And actually, she loves everything and eats it all happily -- unfortunately, she sometimes eats too much and it all comes up later :(


Last weekend we celebrated Alisha's First Birthday! of course, I had been planning in my mind for months...but anyone that knows me knows I am obsessed with party planning. Petey and I tossed around lots of theme ideas...Butterflies and Tea, Sunshine, Owls..but we both loved the idea of a Paris party centered around brunch! With the theme set, I scoured the web for inspiration and found lots of it! Colors were going to be pink, white and black with a Damask Print. I found the perfect invite from a seller on Etsy:




I ended up buying a party package from this seller as well and used the candy bar wrappers, banner and lots of other pieces of it to spruce up the party.


this will be a picture heavy post..but hope you enjoy!


I was so lucky to have Danielle Moore of Dreamy Portraits come and take the pictures of the party! she is a very talented photographer that is based in Plant City - she has been taking Alisha's pictures since she was born.




aaah! I love the way this picture came out. I had seen on some blog months ago a woman who had bought an antique high chair on craigslist and spray painted it pink for the party. I searched and searched and finally found a chair that would work. I would have preferred one that wasn't as round on top - but oh well. I had Petey spray paint it watermelon pink a few coats and voila! I bought the high chair banner and hat on etsy. Alisha's dress was from etsy seller threemunchkins. she actually modeled this dress and another for her site!




The Dessert Table. I purchased a Damask Printed Curtain Panel at Hobby Lobby to serve as the backdrop. I made about 30 Tissue Pom Poms for decor throughout the party. Hung them with fishing line and a pushpin. Desserts included: Pain au Chocolat, Petite Ecolier cookies, Cake Pops, Hershey bars with almonds, Macaroons, Eclairs, Petit Fours and of course cake!













our little family :)



Location: Casa Lantana - Brandon, FL
Cake: Simply Sweets by Sylvia
Entertainment : Sprouts
Photography: Dreamy Portraits
Food: Catering by the Family


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the high chair! Did you find a spray paint that was safe for your little one? I am doing the same thing and I am not sure what to use:) Thanks!

Pete and Mo said...

Hi Rachei,
I actually just used the spray paint you find at Home Depot - Krylon brand. Since she was only going to be in it for the party - I wasn't too worried about it. Good luck!